Throughout The SEO Effect we consistently bring everything back to outperforming your competitors. This is really the number one goal of online marketing. So, when it comes to comparing backlink profiles, if you can replicate the backlink profile of your competitor, then that sets the stage for surpassing them with everything else that you are learning throughout this course.
There are 5 steps in this process:
- Running your competitors backlink profile. The best tool to use for this is Ahrefs.com. It offers the most complete list of backlinks of any tool on the market by far. Get an account at: Ahrefs.com, then enter your competitors domain and run the backlink report. Next export both the “Total Backlinks” report, and the “Referring Domains” report. Once you move on to outreach, it takes less time to just use the “Referring Domains” report, and that is the list that you want to use for tracking which sites you have contacted and who has given you links. But, the “Total Backlinks” report will let you quickly see the actual pages where your competitors links are posted. This will help you in outreach because it will give you an idea of what that webmaster is open to in terms of how they are comfortable incorporating links into their content. This way you can be specific about what you are proposing and you will get a much better response rate.
- Determine if the site would be a good link partner or a bad link partner. Remember, just because they link to your competitor doesn’t mean that you want them linking to you. You have to evaluate their quality and relevance. Your competitor could have some problems with their backlinks that you want to avoid. You should only go after high quality and relevant links.
- Gathering contact information. We will go over how to gather contact information for potential link partners in the next lesson.
- Outreach. We will go into depth about link outreach later in this course, but this is where the rubber meets the road.
- Monitoring your backlinks. It is important to know if your links are still live, if they have gone offline, or if your link partner has been penalized by Google. If you have a large and well diversified link profile, then continuing to build new links is more important than monitoring the old ones, but if the smaller your backlink profile is (say under a few hundred domains linking to you), you should really monitor the links.
By Replicating Your Competitors Backlinks
And Generating New Backlinks Of Your Own
You Are Guaranteed To Dominate Google!
Next However, before you can begin dominating in Google’s rankings, you actually have to get all these links pointing to you, and that is going to require link building outreach.
So, in this next lesson we are going to go over some of the best practices, processes and and tools available for helping you stay organized, efficient and effective with your link building outreach. Let’s jump into